, students should be able to...
* recognize letters A-Z
* recognize & produce sounds for A- Z
* writing Mm, Ss, Tt, Aa, Cc, Pp, Nn, Ff, Bb, Ii, Gg, Rr, Xx, Jj, Ee, Hh, Kk, Vv, Zz, Yy
* understand what an author and illustrator do
* understand fiction and nonfiction
* rhyme words
Students should be able to...
* count to 100
* count with one to one correspondence up to 20
* identify numbers 0-100
* identify 2D shapes & their characteristics (triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, rhombus, pentagon, hexagon)
* understand greater than/less than
* count by 10s
* create algebraic sentences of addition & beginning subtraction
* beginning to understand 3D shapes (sphere, cone, cylinder, cube)